Sunday, 25 August 2013

Back at Sea Level: Minor Updates

This is usually posted on Thursdays each week. So I'm more than a little late with this.

In truth, there's not an awful lot to tell in my day-to-day life: much of my last week in Shropshire was a pretty chilled out affair, and with the exception of one ace but uneventful day out to visit Manchester with my hiking partner of 2012 (who spent the first hour telling me what hills I should have gone up in Shropshire & Wales), my life has principally involved me throwing myself back into my day job.

But I guess there are a few small things I can update you on - many of which with pictures - so here goes:


  • Last year my Dad bought a new house and forgot to mention it. This year, he got a dog and forgot to mention it. So that was a nice surprise.
«Lola!

  • Manchester was cool; I'm still nowhere near used to the place, and the thought of moving somewhere that isn't in a field is worrying me a little (the perils of being raised near a farm), but at least I'm starting to warm to the pubs after last weekend. I'm a bit in love with Grand Central (looks deceptively like an old man pub but plays Anaal Nathrakh at 1pm on a Saturday), and though it was expensive, I really liked The Crown and Kettle - especially its ceiling:
«Also: the fact it sold Rekorderlig draft. With strawberries in.
My former hiking partner ("P") took the strongest liking to a pub called Monroe's - a Marilyn Monroe themed dive that played cheesy 60s music and was decked out in very unfortunate decor meant to convey 50s glamour. P has made if clear that if/when he visits me once I move to the city next year, we will be drinking in Monroe's every time.

  • I discovered Orange is the New Black, promptly watched all 15 hours of it in less than 4 days, and now I've stumbled across Archer. There are probably some chores that I should be getting on with...
  • Fun fact: I was with my first boyfriend for 6 and a half years. Of that, all but 7 months were long-distance. So then you think I'd be better equipped to deal with Sam living in Shropshire for the summer. Alas, no. I'm slightly losing my mind; I hate being apart from my partner in crime. Luckily he's back on Sept 1st, but until then we are abusing Skype. And his webcam features:
    «
So that's about it for now. Hopefully having a few days off this week will mean I'll be slightly more interesting in time for next Thursday. I make no promises. 
Hope your week's been more thrilling than mine, and that you have a good Bank Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment