Saturday, 18 April 2015

Holy Crap, I Went to the Dales (however briefly)


It's a pretty bad state of affairs that, despite being outspokenly proud of being a Yorkshire lass, prior to this month, I had never been to the Dales or Moors.

Well at least I've crossed one of those off the list now.

To celebrate his birthday and our anniversary, the Yeti and I got an Amazon deal (thrifty) for a two-night stay in Appleby, intending to use it as a base for a nosy around the Dales (or rather, those bits near the Settle-Carlisle line).

A perfect storm of illness, injury, and lack of proper transport meant that we didn't utilise our brief time in the region quite as well as we would have liked, but it was still a nice break - and I definitely want to come back one day and have a proper look around.

Though preferably with a car next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment